Monday, November 30, 2009

Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary!! (surprise #2)

I had told my folks that we wanted to take them out to dinner for their 40th Anniversary. Meanwhile, I had been planning a surprise party for our family and Mom & Dad's closest friends. I had Mom all fooled into thinking I couldn't get reservations anywhere and that's why we had to go so late (really it was to accommodate all their church friends that would be at Mass until 7pm). And I told her the only place we could get in was an old family restaurant instead of something new and fun that I knew she'd really prefer (but they had a big banquet room that I knew would be perfect)! We all kept the secret, nearly everyone invited was able to come and my Aunt Jane even flew out to join us! Here's me saying a few words of thanks and appreciation for being great parents!A snap of them laughing at part of my toast:

My Dad saying a few words:

Happy 40th Anniversary Mom & Dad!!! Here's to 40 more!!

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment