After living in our house for 16 months, we decided to work on the last unfinished room. Instead of going on a "real" vacation in 2009, Jeffrey took 2 weeks off of work around the holidays and made great use of his time getting a big jump-start on this project. Since we've moved in, it's been mostly empty save a handful of boxes containing office supplies, numerous stacks of books and some misc. furniture. The dog has taken to sleeping in there and we believe he thinks it's his room. Well, 2010 is a new year, so sorry pup, but we're taking it back! Project: Reclaim Office is underway! Here is the room all taped off and ready to paint:
Isn't painting fun?!?



Ok, enough pictures...let's finish please!
After the room was successfully painted, we went to the hardware store and bought the necessary supplies to build a desk. I had an old file cabinet that I used under my built-in desk at the condo and it was in good shape so I thought it would be great if we could use it in a desk. Jeff did a fantastic job of building the desk and incorporating the file cabinet. Here it is before he painted it. This pic also shows the finished paint job - not quite the gray color we were hoping for. It's a bit too blueish/purplish...we wanted G-R-A-Y.
The following weekend I convinced my Dad and bro that they owed us a favor and they came over and helped Jeffrey repaint. I found a new gray color that I thought would be better and in fact, it turned out exactly as we wanted. They also helped Jeff put up some shelves that we had laying around. Jeff had finished painting the desk at this point, so they helped him carry it in and set it up. Doesn't it look great?!
I've unpacked all the boxes and sorted through the stacks of books and we are slowly getting the room together. It's going to be an office/craft/sewing/gift-wrapping/ironing room, so we are busy trying to find all of the organizational stuff that won't make it look like the hodge-podge room that we're using it for. We'll post more pictures when it gets closer to "done".
~Stephanie
Nice! I love this whole blog update, actually. Buddy is HUGE..and I wish we were running with you guys in the field.
ReplyDeleteBut your office looks great. Jeff did an awesome job on the desk and I like the color scheme a lot. Can't wait to see it all full and organized. You guys are amazing...getting so much done already and its only February!
I can now testify to how AWESOME the office looks. The desk is gorgeous -- it's way bigger than it looks in the photos and has neat details -- and the grey walls turned out really nice. Good job guys!
ReplyDelete